Thursday, August 9, 2012

MASTERPIECE INTERVIEW



Here is a band named Masterpiece, hailing all the way from South America in the country of Brazil. The band is a mix of thrash and old school 80s metal. They've been around since 1998 and they're very good. I recommend them if you're really into the thrash metal, so here's the latest interview and enjoy reading it. EVILVENGEANCE666




1) What prompted you to write the music you write?


It was a sequence of facts. I first learned to play acoustic guitar with my father and later my older brother, that does the rhythm guitars and vocals on the band, shown me some metal stuff.

2) How long did it take to make your album?


Well, it was a very fucking hard job lol. That was our first full length and tried to avoid some mistakes we see the other bands doing, but you know when you’re not accustomed with a situation you will probably face some difficulties that you wouldn’t expect. To summarize I think we did a great job in this first album, although we haven’t released the physical format yet, but we did a great work I guess.

3) What song do you find that has been the most difficult to play that you've written?


I think that “Trajectory of Death” is difficult to play, I mean to do those riffs very clean and even the guitar solo is pretty fast… and don’t remember what the hell I was thinking when I wrote that lol

4) Who are your influences?


My personal influences are firstly Eddie Van Halen (because the first solo that made me crazy was one of his solos), Kirk Hammet, Mr. Hetfield and D. Mustaine as a composer I think they were my biggest influence in this way, Dimmebag Darrel, Paul Gilbert, Steve Vai, Vinnie Moore, Yngwie Malmsteen, Jason Becker, Marty Friedman, Steve Ray Vaughan, Brent Mason, and the Brazilian ones Edu Ardanuy, Frank Solari, Andreas Kisser and the list goes on forever hahaha. You can see lots of different kinds of guitar players in that. I think that made me stronger as a musician. 

5) What bands have you been listening to currently?


Just love the older bands! Testament, Exodus, Anthrax these guys have creating awesome stuff and showing the new ones how the things should be. I like Nevermore too and other bends in this style but the older ones are still blowing my mind.

6) Do you have a job or career outside Masterpiece?


I work mainly as a guitar teacher in a music school, but also do free lances in recording studios and supporting local artists.

7) Where has been your favorite place to play LIVE?


I don’t know exactly because I love playing live. Mainly when we have bigger stages, I like to pretend I am a guitar player of Iron Maiden running free along the stage lol

8) Have you had any interviews for the USA before, or is this the first one?


Yes I think, not only for webzines but also web radios. Also in Canada, France and here in Brazil, of course.

9) Do you feel that thrash metal from when it started is better or does it sound better now?


We are very proud for the thrash metal history. It’s epical! But we need to move on, if something does not evolve, it atrophy! And sometimes I think the metal itself is going that way, it stills alive because of our love, but we need to keep growing now!

10) What has been your biggest accomplishment so far in life?


Living for music means everything for me. I couldn’t do it in a different way I guess. But my real goal in life is living for my own music. You know, for now metal can’t brings me all resources I need, but my hope is achieving this one day! Let’s see… 

11) Any last words for Underground Noise?


I just would like to thank you guys for this opportunity and also tell you that our new album is available in the most stores on the internet, just search for “Masterpiece - Heirs of Freedom” at iTunes, Amazon, CDBaby, Emusic, Napster and wherever. You can also contact us via facebook.com/masterpiecefanpage or Twitter @MasterpieceBand. I think these are the easiest ways to find us nowadays. Thank you again and keep rocking guys! \m/

No comments:

Post a Comment